This bundle is similar to the free "Power Your Pitch" bundle available to all users on the Social Enterprise Institute site, however this bundle has been tailored to the needs of non-profits. The courses offered are:
- Organization Readiness - what skills, equipment, resources are currently available to develop a social enterprise? What social impact must the enterprise achieve to align with the goals of your organization?
- Opportunity Identification - After taking stock of what resources, skills, and opportunities are available to the organization, a group brainstorming session can be help to generate the best ideas for the community and the organization. Tools are introduced to help the team to thoughtfully evaluate and choose the best idea or ideas to pursue.
- Social Impact Canvas (also called the Success Equation) - Although this can be taken at any time throughout the process to outline the organization's overall goals, the Social Impact Canvas helps your team to identify what ultimate impact they want to make with the social enterprise, and how they will both achieve and measure that impact. This is a working document; participants may edit they document throughout the process of building their enterprise.
- Social Business Model Canvas - The SBMC is a great tool to help a team walk through the major steps of developing a social enterprise; it shows 9 different parts of the business planning process, and how they relate to one another. Participants leave this session feeling like they understand what's required to start the social enterprise, and where gaps in skills or resources may exist. This is a working document; participants may edit they document throughout the process of building their enterprise.
- Build the Team - This course offers a quick but thorough overview of what kind of people you want on your team to help you build the enterprise. Leave having identified a robust group of people you need on your team that you can now contact to begin speaking to.
- Making the Pitch - helpful not only for getting funding, but securing skilled board members and team members, this course walks you through the 10 most important components of a pitch deck. It also helps you to identify the audience you want to pitch to, and tailoring your pitch to them.
Last Updated: August 21, 2018
Welcome to the website of Social Enterprise Institute (‘SEI’) located at www.socialenterpriseinstitute.co and learn.socialenterpriseinstitute.co (‘the Site’). SEI is operated in support of its mission to educate and to disseminate knowledge and information for social impact and innovation entrepreneurs.
Agreement to Terms
Language of the Services
While there is no obligation to provide information in both Canadian official languages, many SEI Courses are offered in both English and French. Some content may not be available in both languages; our international online learning community is not subject to the Canadian Official Languages Act.
Third-Party websites and platform
We may provide hyperlinks to third-party websites which are not under the control of SEI. These are provided solely for the convenience of our users. SEI makes best efforts to maintain up-to-date links but are not responsible for the accuracy, currency or reliability of the content of any linked-to, third-party websites or any hyperlink in a linked-to website. SEI does not offer any guarantee or endorse all of the content found on each of these sites.
Using files located on third-party servers
Registration and Your Information and Your Account
For certain Services, you may be required to provide your email address and/or create an account (“Account”).
It’s important that you provide us with accurate, complete and up-to-date information and you agree to update such information to keep it accurate, complete and up-to-date. You must keep your account password secure and you’ll notify us immediately of any unauthorized use. You are solely responsible for the activity that occurs on your account, whether or not you know about them. You agree to notify us immediately of any unauthorized use of your account or other breach of security. You may not use another’s account without permission. We may terminate your account if you violate any provision of these Terms or fail to comply with our requests concerning your account.
By submitting your email address to the Site, and by checking the box to agree to being placed on SEI’s mailing lists, you consent to receiving e-mail correspondence from SEI. You may remove your e-mail address from the applicable mailing list at any time by clicking the “unsubscribe” at the bottom of any e-mail from SEI.
Some SEI Courses may be offered for a fee or subscription price. You agree to pay any applicable course or subscription fee and any taxes and other fees that may accrue in relation to your registration for a course. SEI Course fees will be payable in advance. All course fees are non-refundable and non-transferable except as expressly provided in the additional terms in conditions for the applicable course. All fees and applicable taxes, if any, are payable in USD.
Termination and Access Restriction
SEI reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to terminate your access to the Services or any portion thereof at any time, without notice.
Content and Content Rights
For purposes of these Terms: (i) “Content” means text, graphics, images, music, software, audio, video, works of authorship of any kind, and information or other materials that are posted, generated, provided or otherwise made available through the Services; and (ii) “User Content” means any Content that Account holders (including you) provide to be made available through the Services. Content includes without limitation User Content.
The Content may include the opinion of the specific instructor and are not statements of advice, opinion, or information of SEI. The Services may also include the personal opinions and other expressions by Account holders who post entries on a wide range of topics. Neither the content of the forums, nor the links to other web sites, are screened, approved, reviewed or endorsed by SEI.
Content Ownership, Responsibility and Removal
SEI and its licensors exclusively own all right, title and interest in and to the Services and Content, including all associated intellectual property rights. You acknowledge that the Services and Content are protected by copyright, trademark, and other laws of Canada and foreign countries. You agree not to remove, alter or obscure any copyright, trademark, service mark or other proprietary rights notices incorporated in or accompanying the Services or Content.
Rights in User Content Granted by You
By making any User Content available through the Services you hereby grant to SEI a non-exclusive, irrevocable, transferable, sublicenseable, worldwide, royalty-free license to use, copy, modify, create derivative works based upon, distribute, publicly display, publicly perform and distribute your User Content in connection with operating and providing the Services to you and to other Account holders.
You are solely responsible for all your User Content, and for any consequences of posting or submitting it. By posting or submitting User Content, you grant us a nonexclusive, worldwide, irrevocable, fully paid, perpetual license to use, reproduce, prepare derivative works of, distribute, display, perform, and otherwise make available your User Content in connection with SEI and for our broader educational purposes, including without limitation for promoting or redistributing part or all of the Site (and derivative works thereof) in any manner or media.
You agree not to submit or post any content, or engage in any other activity in connection with the Site, that:
- Violates any law or regulation
- Is intentionally false or misleading
- Defames, threatens, or harasses anyone
- Is harmful, dangerous, abusive, offensive, or obscene
- Contains or utilizes any computer virus, other malicious code, or program that may damage or interfere with the operation of any system, or may unlawfully intercept any data or personal information
- Otherwise interferes with the functioning of SEI or other users’ use or enjoyment
Although we will have no obligation to monitor or take action with respect to User Content, we reserve the right to remove any User Content that we believe violates the above standards. We will fully cooperate with any law enforcement authorities or court order requiring us to disclose the identity or other details or any person posting materials to our Website in breach of these Terms.
Interacting with us on social media
SEI uses social media as an alternative method of interacting with users, sharing content and resources. Social media accounts may be subject to downtime outside SEI’s control. SEI accepts no responsibility for platforms becoming unresponsive or unavailable.
SEI has no control over the social media platform providers’ Terms of Service/Use. Nor does SEI have control over the posts made by other users. SEI is not responsible for the information found through third-party links or ads on social media services; neither does it endorse the sites or their content.
Ownership and usage of content provided on this site
Subject to your compliance with these Terms, SEI grants you a limited, non-exclusive, non-transferable, non-sublicenseable license to download, view, copy, display and print the Content solely in connection with your permitted use of the Services solely for your personal and non-commercial purposes.
Unless otherwise specified, you may not retransmit, publish, distribute, display or otherwise make available any of the Services, in whole or in part, to others. To obtain licenses to share the materials with a wider audience or permission to reproduce for commercial purpose, please contact Stephanie Pronk at firstname.lastname@example.org
Copyright and Trademark
All contents of the Social Enterprise Institute Web Site are: Copyright 2017 by SEI and/or its suppliers. All rights reserved.
The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners. The example companies, organizations, products, people and events depicted herein are fictitious. No association with any real company, organization, product, person, or event is intended or should be inferred.
Any rights not expressly granted herein are reserved.
Applicable law and jurisdiction
The headings contained in these Terms are for convenience only and are not to be used in interpreting these Terms.
If you have any questions about these Terms or the Services, please contact Acumen at:
Social Enterprise Institute
5557 Cunard Street, Second Floor
Halifax, NS, Canada, B3K 1C5
You may also send an email to email@example.com
Your cart is empty